picture

picture

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Remember Me?

Hey everybody!  It has been while since I caught you up on all the goings on around here, so I'm gonna get you up to speed!

What I'm Reading:  Summer is the BEST time for reading, don't you think?  I listened to some awesome audio books while driving to Colorado, sunning on the beach and hanging by the pool.  And since I wasn't doing any drafting, I let myself indulge in some adult reads!  


I read THE HUSBANDS SECRET and loved it!  I especially loved how the author used the epilogue to let the reader in on some secrets that even the characters didn't know!  I also got to meet Laura
McHugh, fellow mid-west writer, this summer at the Woodneath Library.  Her book THE WEIGHT OF BLOOD was a real page turner!

What I'm Writing:  Right now I am about 50% done with the second round of edits on my MG Swiss Family Robinson Retelling.  I hope to have it off to CPs by the end of the week.  The only other writing work I got done over the summer was editing the MG fantasy I wrote back in February.  I'm really having trouble with it, though, so have decided to shelve it until inspiration strikes.  I am also trying to come up with an idea for this year's Nanowrimo.  I'm thinking contemp MG, hopefully something funny.  So wish me luck!

What Else is Going On:  BOTH KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL AND IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!  My little guy will be in pre-K for three whole days per week, and my daughter is now a big second grader (eeeek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment