picture

picture

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Fingers A' Flyin'!

Hullo my lovely writer friends!  Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but I've been pretty busy being productive over here.

(Not my actual laptop)

What I'm Reading:  Somebody suggested I might like a new series.  Anybody a fan of OUTLANDER?  It's pretty much awesome and quite the departure from the kid lit i usually read.  I just finished book two and I can't wait to start book three!  I also read another adult book this last week (two in a row!) called AFTER I DO by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  The characters in this book reminded me a lot of my husband and I... until they did what they did.  LOL.  


What I'm Writing: So back in February I drafted a MG Fantasy called THRICE STRIKEN, and I have spent this month revising it.  It's a little bit cleaner now, but still need a bunch of work.   Lots of time between rounds of editing is the key.  It helps you read each draft with fresh eyes.

What Else is Going On:  Last night I hosted a SCBWI critique group at the library.  We had seven (!) people show up, and everyone brought stuff to be critiqued!  It was a really good group and we had a fun mix of YA and MG.  Also, there were scones.  

Until next time, may the writing muses smile on you!

1 comment:

  1. If I'd known there was scones, I would've shown up! ;)

    ReplyDelete